Project Manager - International School
There’s a new international school being built in Bangkok. It’ll be the first K-12 Mastery school in Thailand, and it’s set to open its doors in 2020.
We’ve been asked to create the digital infrastructure the school needs to operate. And that’s why we are now staffing a 3-person Programme Management Office (PMO).
The PMO’s responsibility is to make sure the school digital ecosystem gets operational on time and on budget. And the Project Manager is there to give direction for some of the turnkey solutions required to help run the school.
Everything needs to be built from the ground up. That includes the personalized curriculum that the students will follow as well as an amazing new school campus.
Admissions started in May 2019, and had a successful press launch this September.
After numerous discovery and needfinding initiatives since the start of the project back in July 2018, the PMO has identified 100% of the system needs for the school and the vendors that can handle these.
Most of the systems are turnkey solutions, while some parts require custom built software.
For you, this means a lot of responsibility. You will be helping in the implementation of these turnkey solutions and managing software vendors to go live by May 2020.
If you care about revolutionizing education, this is a great opportunity to leverage your existing skills and make a tangible difference in the lives of the thousands of children that will attend this new school.
It’s also a great opportunity to learn and apply Design Thinking and Systems Theory, as well as the Lean and Agile methods that we use to continuously deliver value.
Your responsibilities include being involved in the planning and implementation stages of software development in terms of:
Maintaining scope of work - liaise with stakeholders and software vendors, and make sure the agreed requirements remain within the scope of work during implementation.
Keep track of each project's timeline - handle project updates and make sure the over 5 turnkey solutions needed to be implemented for the school go live on schedule.
Supervise vendor on product development - be the bridge between the stakeholders and the selected vendor, and liaise with vendor’s project lead in order to move the product forward.
Project reporting - be able to create project update for reporting to Programme Director and to the school stakeholders.
System integrations - work with the System Architect for integrating the systems you manage into the school's digital ecosystem.
In terms of practicalities, you will:
- Report directly to the COO in weekly 1-1s
- Work with 3 people and 15+ client stakeholders.
- Work 40 hours per week, split between:
- our offices next to Ploenchit BTS (60%)
- the client offices near Mo Chit BTS / Thana City (20%)
- remote, wherever you see fit (20%)
- Work 10AM through 7PM, but it’s flexible.
- be held accountable to:
- Employee Engagement within PMO (target: eNPS 80% or above)
- Customer Satisfaction among stakeholders (target: NPS 80% or above)
- Company Profitability as it pertains to your budgets (target: at or below budget)
There are a few things you’ll need prior experience with:
- Configuration and Management of Saas Products (HR, Finance, Help desks, etc.)
- Understands Business Administration concepts
- Systems Diagramming (i.e. data flow, process flow, use case)
- Managing multiple tech teams
- Lean & Agile Software Development
- BONUS: Wireframe Experience
- BONUS: Educational Technology
- BONUS: AI / Machine Learning Technology
- BONUS: Objectives and Key Results (OKRs)
And to thrive, you also need to:
- Be results-oriented and always think one or two steps ahead
- Be a great friend, a good colleague, and an awesome human being
- Be curious, eager to learn, and willing to try new things
- Be dependable, well-organized, and able to manage your own workload
- Be able and willing to operate at Level 4 of our salary ladder, available HERE.
You also need to be good at what you do, obviously. Good English communication is required as the client has international stakeholders, and we’d prefer that you speak Thai as well for future PM roles. But we don’t particularly care about age, gender, ethnicity, work experience, or education etc. Life has taught us that greatness comes in all shapes and sizes ;-)
- You’ll have 15 days vacation per year. But it’s flexible. Just ask.
- You’ll have an additional 13* public holidays off per year.
- Provident fund
- Medical insurance
- Brand new MacBook Pro 13” + Dell 24” screen
- Free drinks, snacks, fruit at work, and free beer on Fridays
- Autonomy; freedom to do something great