Visual Designer (UI)
As a Visual Designer at MAQE, it’s your responsibility to make sure that the products we create are both beautiful and accessible to their indented audiences. You’ll use typography, hierarchy, colour, space, tone and balance in producing a variety of works ranging from visual identities and style guides to complete design compositions. Variety is, in fact, a core part of the MAQE experience.
To see how this role differs/compliments other design positions at MAQE, see Design at MAQE.
Your work will include:
- Participate in client meeting to understand client business, brand and gather requirements.
- Translate client business requirements, user needs, technical requirements into visual design
- Work collaboratively with other designers to ensure the design consistency, integrated brand perception and user-experience.
- Work collaboratively with cross- functional team; eg. project manager, developer, QA
- Present the visual design research and approaches with design rationale to support your design to client.
- Work within brand guidelines to create layouts that reinforce a brand’s style or voice through its visual touchpoints
- Create a verity of Visual deliverables:
- Moodboards and design approaches
- Siteflows and Wireframes
- Iteration of Visual designs
- Design Prototype when necessary to support your idea
- Brand style guide and sometime Brand guideline
- Microcopy, often in both Thai and English
- Participate in recurring Agile/Scrum meetings
You can expect to work on a multitude of different:
- Products: from landing pages to web applications
- Customers: from startups to multinationals
- End-users: from African high schoolers to world-renowned architects
- Platforms: from responsive websites to mobile apps
- Scopes: from scratch to subtle refresh
- Objectives: from qualitative positioning to quantitative conversion
- Timelines: from short ad hoc projects to long-term relationships
- Teams: from small Kanban to large Scrum team, and
- Workloads: from super busy to relatively free
What we offer in return:
- Autonomy; freedom to do something great
- Competitive salaries, plus bonus scheme
- Open plan office right next to Ploenchit BTS
- Agile and efficient work processes
- Choice of MacBook Air/Pro 13 with display OR a 27” iMac
- Free snacks and soda at work, beer on Fridays
- Flexible work hours (e.g., 9AM-11AM to 6PM-8PM)
- Relaxed atmosphere, little to no overtime
We don’t particularly care about age, gender, ethnicity, work experience, or education etc. Life has taught us that greatness comes in all shapes and sizes.
But. We do need you to speak Thai fluently and communicable in English
We'd also like you to be:
- results-oriented and always think one or two steps ahead
- a great friend, a good colleague, and an awesome human being
- curious, eager to learn, and willing to try new things
- dependable, well-organized, and able to manage your own workload
How to Apply
Please use the application form provided. Successful candidates will be asked to (1) complete a small design task, (2) attend a team fit interview in which you’ll meet a cross-section of MAQERs, and (3) attend a third and final interview with management.
Note to foreign candidates: We’re happy to hire non-Thais. However, the Thai Board of Investment (BOI) has strict guidelines on who we can issue work-permits to. Before applying, please ensure you have the following:
- Relevant degree to the position you are applying for (i.e., Designer = design degree), or
- A minimum of 2-3 years of well documented and relevant work experience.
- Certificates and transcripts from relevant institutions (you won’t believe the paperwork required!), and
- Patience. The foreign worker application process is more art than science 😉